Saturday, January 16, 2010

23 Weeks to A New Me




I was thinking about my weight loss goals and having been there and failed before many time I came to realize in the Fall that it is that I always want a quick fix a quick turn around and lets face it that doesn't happen with anything and if it does then it all comes back to haunt us.

I started to lose weight at 1Lb or 2Lbs per week and it stayed off ok sometimes I gained a 1Lb back but it quickly went again, I came to be 12Lbs down and kept it off over the Christmas period which I am so happy about and so thrilled with myself, seeing that the smaller weight loss weekly is going to take longer for me to lose what I need to lose hasn't bothered me this time as I am seeing the results in a different sense, it is coming off in weekly smaller amounts but its staying off and that what I am aiming for  its staying off.
I have been over weight for the last 10 years or more so whats another year to lose 50Lbs if it means it stays off and doesn't comer back within a few weeks.

I have never lost 12lbs before and didn't think I would see below 170lb but I did and it feels great.

So with that being said it is now 15th Jan 2010 and 23 weeks till 1st July 2010 Canada Day.

In this period at a rate of 2Lbs loss a week that will be 46 Lbs this would have me at the weight that BMI weight charts say I should be for my height, now I am not going on that as I am more wanting to be happy with the clothes I will wear and the measurements that what the scale says.
So I am not even sure of what my goal weight should be as I say I want to be 120Lbs but might be happy at 130Lbs so this 46Lb would take me to 122Lb so I might even reach my goal before this date, and if I only lose at 1Lb per weeks that's fine as well, I am in no hurry I just want the results to stick.
Starting Monday I will be going to the gym to do cardio at least 3 times per week and when I am feeling stronger and more confident then I will add in some weights, but right now its all baby steps and each step in the right directions even if its only a small step, this I am aiming for is for me nobody else.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! With the good attitude, and the focus you'll be there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I have all my JM Ladies behind me as I know you will all help and encourage me.

    ReplyDelete